Background of the Project: Develop a BMS for a Micro Electric 4 wheeler (2 seater)
Details of the project:
- 48V 60Ah battery pack with a configuration of 2P13S
- Cell: NMC, pouch cells, 3.7V, 30Ah
- Monitoring IC: LTC family
- Microcontroller Used: TMS570 family
- SOC: Coulomb Counting and Extended Kalman Filter based State Estimation
- SOH: Extended Kalman Filter based Parameter Estimation
- Passive Balancing
- Model Based Development
- Autocode generation
- Integration with the passive cooling system
Scope of the Project:
- Understanding client’s requirement (functional, safety)
- Obtaining cell parameters under different conditions and model an equivalent circuit model of Lithium Ion cell
- Deriving the overall system design and architecture of the battery.
- Deriving overall system design of Battery Management System. Developing the hardware and software architecture respectively
- Development of Hardware schematic and co-ordinating with 3rd party PCB Designer and PCB manufacturer. Thus board bring up and testing
- Development and testing of Embedded Software (Driver configurations, BMIC to microcontroller stack development).
- Development and testing of BMS algorithms in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Tuning of BMS algorithm as per the cell parameters.
- Code generation and integration (SiL, MiL, PiL)
- Hardware integration and testing